Tragically COVID has just reached Melanesia. As we in the UK come out of this pandemic, our brothers & sisters in Melanesia are facing their first wave, with limited resources. We are raising funds to send to the Anglican Church of Melanesia, to help with:
– Supplying handwashing facilities for schools, churches and isolated communities
– Training and equipping community groups to make face masks
– A social media campaign to encourage uptake of the COVID vaccine and to tackle false news
– Isolation units in boarding schools for staff and pupils with COVID
– Hardship funds for families struggling with food price increases
– Ensuring human rights and climate justice programmes continue
Please pray for Solomon Islands and Vanuatu as they face this ordeal;
Lord, we bring to You our concerns for the people of Melanesia,
as they face their first wave of COVID infections.
We pray for the medical staff with limited facilities,
as they treat the infected and continue to look after all in their care.
We pray for those who are fearful of the coming days
and those who are afraid of having the vaccine.
And ask that truthful messages are shared across the islands to keep people healthy, safe and calm.
We remember the children missing out on the beginning of their school year
and for businesses that have to shut during the lockdown.
Lord, bring Your healing to the people of Melanesia, so that they may weather this pandemic.